South African Government

Let's grow South Africa together

Central Applications Clearing House (CACH)

The Central Application Clearing House (CACH) assists students who have not been offered a place at the university or college to which they have applied, to find placement at another university or college.

If you want to study at a higher education institution, apply directly to the universities and colleges in which you are interested as soon as they open applications.

The CACH facility will send a prospective student’s information to universities, technical and vocational education and training (TVET) colleges and the sector education and training authorities (SETAs) for learnerships.  Where places exist and you meet the requirements, institutions will contact you to offer you a place.

Universities and colleges do not accept 'walk in' applications.

Register online on the CACH website or contact the CACH service from January to February between 8h00 and 20h00 on 0800 356 635. Alternatively, SMS your name and ID number to 49200.

Published Date: 
Monday, January 19, 2015
Modified Date: 
Monday, January 19, 2015