About doing a pregnancy test
If you suspect that you are pregnant, you must go to your nearest clinic or a professional medical practitioner to do a pregnancy test. You can also buy a home pregnancy test kit from a pharmacy.
If you have symptoms such as:
- missed period
- breast tenderness
- fatigue; pregnancy testing can confirm your suspicions.
Note: Pregnancy test is also performed when a rape case is reported.
What you should do
- Go to your nearest clinic or a professional medical practitioner
- complete pregnancy test form
- if you prefer a:
- blood test, your doctor will draw blood sample and send it to a laboratory for analysis
- urine test, your doctor will give you a specimen cup where you will have to provide a urine sample.
Note: You can also buy a home pregnancy test kit from pharmacies.
How much does it cost
The service is free at state owned clinics and hospitals. Private medical facilities may charge a minimum fee.
Note: You can also purchase the home pregnancy test kit at your nearest pharmacy.
Who to contact
Visit your nearest hospital, clinic or professional medical facility.