President Jacob Zuma announced a nine-point plan to ignite growth and create jobs in his 2015 State of the Nation Address. He gave a mid-year update on the progress with the plan on 11 August. Updates on progress was also given by Minister Gugile Nkwinti in the Economic Sectors, Employment and Infrastructure Development cluster media briefings on 24 February and 28 October 2015.
Five priorities (2011 SoNA)
President Jacob Zuma announced in the State of the Nation Address for 2011 that government will concentrate on five priorities:
- Creating decent jobs
- Fighting crime
Other key issues
- National Development Plan 2030
- National Infrastructure Plan
- The New Growth Path - policy aimed at enhancing growth, employment creation and equity.
- Industrial Policy Action Plan
- Resolving the energy challenge
- Elections 2014
- The outcomes approach - Cabinet-approved approach to service delivery
- Government opinion pieces on current issues
- 20 years of freedom and democracy (2014)