Private individuals or businesses may apply for a licence to operate an unreserved postal service.
Only the South African Post Office may provide the following services:
- delivering addressed letters
- delivering items weighing one kilogramme or less
- delivering cylinders of 458 mm or less, 100 mm thickness and a mass of up to one kilogramme
- issuing of postage stamps
- providing roadside collection and address boxes.
Registration is valid for a period of one year from the date of issue of a registration certificate.
- Complete the application form in triplicate.
- Pay the application fee in cash, by bank-guaranteed cheque or electornic transfer to the Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services, Nedbank Account 1462003206, Branch 146245, Ref: Registration fee.
- Fax the application form and proof of payment to the Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services at 012 427 8536.
- Include the following:
- registration certificate of business
- certified copies of all relevant founding documents
- details of shareholders and the percentage shareholding of each
- particulars of controlling entity
- detailed business plan.
- Failure to comply with any of these requirements may lead to disqualification of the application.
|Tel||012 427 8000|
|Fax||012 427 8016|
|Physical address||Iparioli Office Park, 399 Duncan Street, Hatfield, Pretoria|
|Postal address||Private Bag X860, Pretoria, 0001|