South African Government

Let's grow South Africa together

Register as provisional tax payer

If you earn income other than a salary or an allowance, you must register as a provisional taxpayer. You must then pay tax in advance in at least two amounts during the year of assessment, based on estimated taxable income. You will have to do a final payment after being assessed.

Companies automatically fall into the provisional tax system.

Find out more about provisional tax or contact SARS for more information.