Seven priorities (2019 SoNA)
President Cyril Ramaphosa announced in the State of the Nation Address for 2019 that government will concentrate on:
- Economic transformation and job creation
- Education, skills and health
- Consolidating the social wage through reliable and quality basic services;
- Spatial integration, human settlements and local government;
- Social cohesion and safe communities;
- A capable, ethical and developmental state and
- A better Africa and World.
- No person in South Africa will go hungry. This is a bold plan which I believe we will achieve.
- Our economy will grow at a much faster rate than our population.
- Two million more young people will be in employment.
- Our schools will have better educational outcomes and every 10-year-old will be able to read for meaning.
- Violent crime will be halved, if not eliminated.
- Job creation
- Rural development
- Fighting crime
- Gender-based violence
- Land reform
- Government and opportunities for youth
- National Development Plan 2030
- National Infrastructure Plan
- The New Growth Path - policy aimed at enhancing growth, employment creation and equity.
- Industrial Policy Action Plan
- Resolving the energy challenge
- The outcomes approach - Cabinet-approved approach to service delivery
- Government opinion pieces on current issues
- Local Government Elections 2016
- Elections 2014
- 20 years of freedom and democracy (2014)