You must register the vehicle of a deceased person or a repossessed vehicle under a new name at your nearest registering authority. Submit the following:
- RSA identity document;
- If you do not have an RSA identity document:
- Identity document issued by a foreign country or
- Traffic register number certificate
- A certificate of incorporation or name change if the vehicle is to be registered to a company
- A founding statement or certificate of name change if the vehicle is to be registered to a close corporation
- If the vehicle is registered under a deceased person's name, a letter of executorship from the appointed executor
- If the vehicle has been repossessed, a court order or voluntary surrender documentation signed by the owner, or an affidavit by the title holder.
Complete the application form (form MVR1A or RLV)
Find out more on the eNaTIS website.
Who to contact