South African Government

Let's grow South Africa together

Re-issue of a matric certificate

The Department of Basic Education or provincial department of education will re-issue a matric certificate with changed particulars under certain conditions.

To change information on your matric certificate, you must apply to the Department of Basic Education (DBE) or you provincial department of education by completing the appropriate form (Application for Change/Correction of Personal Particulars: Administrative Errors or Application for re-issue of senior certificate/NSC due to change of personal information: Legal changes). You must go to the nearest education department office in person so that an official can interview you before they make the amendments.

You can ask for the statement of results while waiting for the release of your certificate.

Find out more about re-issue of a matric certificate or contact the Department of Basic Education.



  • National office: 012 357 4511/13
  • Eastern Cape: (043) 604 7709/73
  • Free State: (051) 404 8000
  • Gauteng: (011) 355 0588
  • KwaZulu Natal: (031) 327 0538/0331
  • Limpopo: (015) 290 7747/7830
  • Mpumalanga: (013) 766 0033
  • Northern Cape: (053) 839 6585
  • North West: (018) 384 3100/51
  • Western Cape: (021) 467 2483


COVID-19 Vaccine
The latest official
COVID-19 vaccine information
is available here