- deaths in police custody
- deaths as a result of police actions
- any complaint relating to the discharge of an official firearm by any police officer
- rape by a police officer, whether the police officer is on or off duty
- rape of any person while in police custody
- any complaint of torture or assault against a police officer in the execution of duties.
You must open a case at your nearest police station and only report to the IPID Office if the police fail to assist you.
Find out more about lodging a complaint or contact the Independent Police Investigative Directorate on 012 399 0000.