You can further your studies at a university, university of technology or technical and vocational education and training (TVET) colleges of your choice, if you qualify.
Universities offer academic and professional programmes, while universities of technology and TVET colleges offer vocation-oriented programmes.
You should confirm the minimum admission requirement with the institution of your choice.
If you are an international student, you must first apply for a study permit at the South African high commission, embassy, consulate or trade mission in your country of origin. Your foreign qualifications must first be evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (Saqa) before you register. Evaluations may take up to 16 days.
- Based on your entry scores and the requirements of the institution choose a course for which you qualify.
- If you enrol at a private institution, check if it is registered with the Department of Education.
- Apply for admission directly to the institution of your choice.
- Complete the institution’s prescribed application form.
- Submit the application form and all the required documentation to the institution.
If you are an international student, apply for the following:
Different institutions have different time frames.
Study fees vary from institution to institution.
Registration forms are available at universities and TVET colleges.