If you want to provide a community-based care and support service to older persons near to where they live, you can apply at your nearest department of social development office.
Community-based care ensures that older persons receive care and support in the comfort of their home within the community for as long as possible
- Go to your nearest department of social development office.
- Complete Form 2.
- Submit the following:
- business plan of your organisation and list of services it renders
- names and certified copies of identitiy documents of members of the organisation
- constitution of the organisation
- NPO registration certificate, if registered as an NPO
- any other registration certificates or documents that can support the application
- audited financial statements for the past six months at least
- names and contact details of auditors
- background information on receiving previous financial awards
- reference and contact details of persons/organisation(s) supporting the application
- all sources of funding/income
- register of list of beneficiaries
- register of names of staff members rendering the services.
- A social worker will conduct a visit to ensure that your organisation will be managed and conducted in compliance with the national norms and standards.
- If you comply, you will be issued with a registration certificate (Form 3).
- If you are registered and you fail to comply with the national norms and standards, the Director-General can terminate and deregister your organisation at any time after one month’s notice to your organisation and the recipients of the service you provide.
Please note: All registered community-based care and support services are monitored and evaluated annually to ensure continuous compliance with national norms and standards.
It may take up to five days to process your application.
There is no cost.
The application forms are available from your nearest Social Development office.