1 - 30 September
Tourism Month is an annual celebration held in September to focus on the importance of tourism to the economy of South Africa.
The Department of Tourism leads the celebrations with a number of events.
A new domestic tourism marketing campaign: Nothing’s More Fun than a Sho’t Left that emphasises the fun of a domestic leisure getaway, and that encourages South Africans to take short breaks.
Tourism South Africa has more information on tourism in South Africa.
Tourism authorities in the provinces
- The Eastern Cape Parks & Tourism Agency (ECPTA)
- Free State Tourism
- Gauteng Tourism Authority
- Kingdom of the Zulu (KwaZulu-Natal Tourism Authority)
- Limpopo Tourism and Parks
- North West Province Parks and Tourism Board
- Northern Cape Tourism
- Western Cape Tourism