13 Feb 2020
- 30 – years since Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela walked out of the gates of Victor Verster Prison.
- 2.4 million – children in Early Childhood Development and pre-school.
- 81% – learners who passed matric in 2019.
- 720 000 – students who received state funding for Technical and Vocational Education and Training colleges and universities in 2019.
- 550 – schools providing various technical vocational specialisations.
- 67 – schools currently piloting the occupational stream.
- 9 – new Technical and Vocational Education and Training college campuses being built this year.
- 200 – schools to receive coding and robotics in Grades R to 3 by 2022.
- 10 – age of children to be able to read for meaning.
- 12th – South African Sign Language to be the 12th official language.
- 6.8 million – South Africans who know their HIV status.
- 5 million – people who have been initiated on antiretroviral treatment.
- 4.2 million – people whose HIV viral load is undetectable.
- 1 200 – medical graduates from the Nelson Mandela Fidel Castro Medical Training Programme in Cuba.
- 640 – medical students of the Nelson Mandela Fidel Castro Medical Training Programme in Cuba expected to graduate in December 2020.
- 44 million – people registered in the electronic Health Patient Registration System at over 3 000 clinics.
- 3 000 – clinics which registered 44 million people in the electronic Health Patient Registration System.
- 3 to 12 months – period to initiate the procurement of emergency power from projects that can deliver electricity into the grid.
- 120 – days within which the National Energy Regulator will process all applications by commercial and industrial users to produce electricity for own use above 1 MW.
- 3 – Eskom’s operating activities – generation, transmission and distribution – to be divisionalised.
- Over a million – commuters being transported by the rail network daily to and from work.
- R1.4 billion – cost of refurbishing and upgrading the Central Line in the Western Cape and the Mabopane Line in Pretoria to provide, a safe, reliable and affordable service.
- 5 – years it took previously to process water use licences.
- 90 – days within which water use licences are now issued.
- 5 000 – police trainees who graduated in 2019.
- 7 000 – new police trainees enlisted in 2020 to strengthen local policing.
- R1.6 billion – amount reprioritised to support an emergency action plan until the end of the current financial year.
- Over R700 billion – potential investments to public infrastructure sectors over the next 10 years.
- R9 billion – private investment in the construction of 37 000 rental apartments.
- 37 000 – rental apartments to be constructed through private investment.
- R64 billion – money to be spent over the next years in student accommodation.
- 350 000 to 500 000 – future residents of a new smart-city taking shape in Lanseria within the next decade.
- 50 – kilometres of experimental road stretches to be piloted as part of an alternative rural roads programme.
Youth and Women empowerment
- 1.2 million – young people who enter the labour market each year.
- 6 – priority actions of the Presidential Youth Employment Intervention over the next five years to reduce youth unemployment.
- 3 million – young people to benefit from prototype Presidential Youth Employment Intervention sites in five provinces.
- 1% – part of the budget to deal with the high levels of youth unemployment.
- 1 000 – young entrepreneurs receiving grant funding and business support from the National Youth Development Agency and the Department of Small Business Development in the next 100 days.
- 100 – days in which 1 000 young entrepreneurs will receive grant funding and business support from the National Youth Development Agency and the Department of Small Business Development.
- 100 000 – young entrepreneurs to access business skills training, funding and market facilitation over the next three years.
- R10 billion – own and partner funding by the Industrial Development Corporation for women-empowered businesses over the next five years.
Investment and jobs
- 70 – companies which made investment commitments of R364 billion at the second South Africa Investment Conference in 2019.
- R364 billion – investment commitments made by 70 companies at the second South Africa Investment Conference in 2019.
- R664 billion – investment commitments raised in the first two years of the investment drive.
- R1.2 trillion – target of investment in the next five years.
- R9 billion – investment value of completed projects.
- 27 – projects worth over R250 billion in implementation phase.
- R250 billion – value of 27 projects in implementation phase.
- 121 000 – new jobs in the retail-clothing textile and footwear sector over the decade.
- 400 – containers with under-invoiced products seized in the last quarter of 2019.
- 54 000 – jobs to be saved through the Poultry Master Plan to support chicken farmers and processors.
- 44 000 – hectares of state land released for the settlement of land restitution claims.
- 700 000 – hectares of state land to be released for agricultural production in 2020.
Local and Provincial Government
- 40 – municipalities receiving support from government.
- 23 – new districts as part of the expansion of the District Development Model.