If you want a new mail box, post box or private bag, apply for mail service delivery at your nearest Post Office. The mail service delivery is valid from the 1st of January to the 31 of December of each year and is payable before December.
Note: Application forms received by mail will not be accepted.
- Only registered owners or registered renters of accommodation in areas where a street delivery service is impossible, for example farms, agricultural holdings, rural and developing areas are entitled to one free post box at the nearest mail collection point or post office according to the post office demarcations. Proof of ownership or occupation must be submitted.
- The post office is entitled to verify the information on the application.
- Further conditions are available at any Post Office or on the Post Office website.
- Go to the nearest Post Office and ask the teller for an application form.
- Fill in the application form.
- The application form is also available on the Post Office website.
- Attach a copy of your identity document or any other proof of identity such as a passport, driver’s licence to the form and hand it to a teller at your the nearest post office.
It takes 10 to 15 minutes.
The rates are available on the Post Office website.
Application forms are available at all Post Offices around the country.