South African Government

Let's grow South Africa together

Temporary residency

A temporary residence permit allows a foreign national, such as international students, foreign workers and tourists, to legally stay in South Africa for longer than 90 days.

If you wish to stay in South Africa for a  period of less than 90 days to visit family or as a tourist, you may apply for visitors' visa.

Find out more about: 

or contact the Department of Home Affairs.