How do I report fraud or corruption in a state department or state-owned entity?

Fraud or corruption in the public service should be reported as it:

  • undermines the fight against poverty by putting money that is meant for infrastructure and development into the pockets of corrupt officials.
  • increases the cost of public services and slows down service delivery to the public.
  • can scare off foreign investors.

You do not have to give your name when reporting fraud or corruption using:

  • National Ant-Corruption Hotline: 0800 701 701 (toll free number)
  • Fax: 0800 204 965 (toll free number)
  • Post: P.O Box 582, Umhlanga Rocks 4320.
  • E-mail: publicservicecorruptionhotline.;
  • SMS: 39772

More information is available from the Public Service Commission.


Share this page