There are different procedures, depending on the nature of the complaint. Follow the link for the appropriate procedure:
- Against a service point/court/Master’s Office
- Against a lawyer/attorney: through the relevant law society
- Against a prosecutor through the NPA. You can also call the NPA Hotline 0800 21 25 80. The hotline is operated by an independent organisation and is available 24 hours a day. Anonymous calls are accepted.
- Against a member of the South African Police Service through their website or via the Independent Police Investigative Directorate (IPID)
- Against a sheriff through the South African Board for Sheriffs
- Against a magistrate through the Magistrates Commission
- Against a judge through the Judicial Service Commission.