Where can I get a bursary/funds to further my studies?

The following organisations may help you fund your studies once you have finished school:

Department of Higher Education and Training

The Department maintains a list of government bursaries available to deserving students.
It also has a website with international scholarship opportunities available to South Africans.

National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)

NFSAS provides funding for deserving students who cannot afford further education.  From 2018 this will be in the form of a bursary rather than a loan as was the case previously. Courses at public technical and vocational education and training.(TVET) colleges are also funded by NFSAS.

Tel: 0860 067 327

08:30 – 17:00 (Monday – Friday)
08:30 – 16:30 (Saturdays)
Website: https://www.nsfas.org.za/

Bursaries South Africa


Universities and universities of technology

Contact the university of your choice for information on bursaries and other forms of funding.


You could also approach your bank for a loan. Some also give bursaries to students of merit.

Share this page