In its effort to launch projects that provide the South African youth with opportunities for experiential learning, the national Youth Camps project will take place this year on 29 September - 5 October 2012. But what exactly is the Youth Camp project?
The camps will take place at the following venues:
- Basotho Cultural Village in the Free State
- Steintal Estate in Tulbagh, in the Western Cape
- Di Dima Camp in the Drakensberg, in KwaZulu-Natal
- Konka Soul Adventure, in Naaupoort, Rustenburg in the North West
- Pine Lake Resort in White River, in Mpumalanga
- Stenden South Africa in Port Alfred, in the Eastern Cape
- Meulstroom Lodge in Bonkhorstpruit in Gauteng
The National Sports and Recreation Plan (NSRP) is the blueprint and consensus document which explicitly outlines the six priority areas on which the broader sport and recreation community under the leadership of Minister Fikile Mbalula is focused going forward. One of key projects which was identified and adopted as part of these initiatives is the Youth Camps Project.
- Read more about the project.
- News on the Youth Camps.