Tourism Month is an annual celebration held in September to focus on the importance of tourism to the economy of South Africa.
The Department of Tourism leads the celebrations with a number of events.
A new domestic tourism marketing campaign: Nothing’s More Fun than a Sho’t Left that emphasises the fun of a domestic leisure getaway, and that encourages South Africans to take short breaks.
Tourism South Africa has more information on tourism in South Africa.
Tourism authorities in the provinces
- The Eastern Cape Parks & Tourism Agency (ECPTA)
- Free State Tourism
- Gauteng Tourism Authority
- Kingdom of the Zulu (KwaZulu-Natal Tourism Authority)
- Limpopo Tourism and Parks
- North West Province Parks and Tourism Board
- Northern Cape Tourism
- Western Cape Tourism
- Relive, experience the history of South Africa, 11 September 2013