October marks Social Development Month, which highlights programmes aimed at fighting poverty and building a caring society for a better life. Throughout the month, the Department of Social Development, together with its agencies, the National Development Agency and the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA),will host events to spread awareness of and accelerate the various services that Government offers to vulnerable groups. This year, Social Development month will be celebrated under the theme "Working together to build caring and sustainable communities."
The department will work with non governmental organisations, provincial departments and the Congress of Traditional Leaders to reach people in all parts of the country. One of the highlights of the month is the launch of the Khuseleka One-Stop Centre in Polokwane on October 5. This is a partnership with the European Commission to provide services targeted at people who have been victims of domestic violence, abuse, crime and gender-based violence.
More services from the Department of Social Development
- International social services
- Register ECD partial care facilities
- ECD programme certificate
- Adopt a child in a convention country
- Adopt a child in a non-convention country
- Apply for intercountry adoption with local element
- Apply for local adoption with intercountry element
- Apply for intercountry family adoption
- Applying for Foster care
- Admission To Old Age Home
- Register as a community based caregiver for older persons
- Registering as a caregiver for older persons