The 2013 Grade 12s will start with the National Senior Certificate exams, commonly known as the matric examinations, on 28 October and end on 29 November.
The practical examinations were done on 8 and 9 October.
The 2013 examinations will be written by some 707 136 learners and will take place across more than 6 699 examination centres. These examinations will be overseen by about 65 000 invigilators and will be marked by over 35 000 markers in 118 marking centres across the country.
The results will be released on 7 January 2014.
- Class of 2013 to receive matric results on 7 Jan, 21 Oct 2014
- All systems go for 2013 matric exams, 14 Oct 2013
- Umalusi declares South African Examination System ready for matric and other end-of-year exams, 14 Oct 2013
- Minister Angie Motshekga: Message to matric class of 2013, 10 Oct 2013
- Timetable for examination
- Government speeches and statements
- News stories from the SA Government News Agency
- Blog: Youth on journey of a lifetime