8 of 2010
The Voluntary Disclosure Programme and Taxation Laws Second Amendment Act 8 of 2010 aims:
- introduce a voluntary disclosure programme;
- amend the Transfer Duty Act, 1949, so as to provide for electronic submission of returns and electronic payment of duty;
- amend the Income Tax Act, 1962, so as to amend certain provisions;
- amend the Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act, 2002, so as to effect a technical correction;
- amend the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Royalty (Administration) Act, 2008, so as to amend certain provisions; and
- provide for matters connected therewith.
- 2 November 2010
- The amendments effected to the Income Tax Act, 1962, by this Act are deemed for the purposes of assessments in respect of normal tax under the Income Tax Act, 1962, to have come into operation as from the commencement of years of assessment ending on or after 1 January 2011.