2 of 2019
The Traditional Leadership and Governance Framework Amendment Act 2 of 2019 aims:
- to amend the Traditional Leadership and Governance Framework Act, 2003, so as
- to make provision for extended timeframes within which kingship or queenship councils and traditional councils must be established;
- to provide for extended timeframes within which community authorities have to be disestablished;
- to align the term of office of tribal authorities, traditional councils and kingship or queenship councils with the term of the National House of Traditional Leaders; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
28 November 2019