The Social Assistance Amendment Act 16 of 2020 intends:
- to amend the Social Assistance Act, 2004, so as:
- to insert new definitions;
- to provide for additional payments linked to social grants;
- to provide for payment of benefits to a child-headed household;
- to provide for social relief of distress in the event of a disaster;
- to repeal the internal reconsideration process;
- to provide for an Independent Tribunal to consider appeals against decisions of the Agency;
- to provide for the establishment of the Inspectorate as a government component; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
Commencement to be proclaimed in a Government Gazette.