5 of 1997
The Public Accountants' and Auditors' Amendment Act 5 of 1997 intends:
- to amend the Public Accountants' and Auditors' Act, 1991 (Act No. 80 of 1991) [repealed in 2006], so as
- to extend the powers of the Public Accountants' and Auditors' Board with regard to the prescribing of fees and the imposition of levies;
- to authorise that board to borrow or raise money with or without security;
- to authorise the board to recover the costs connected with the review by the board of an accountant's and auditor's practice from that accountant and auditor; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
11 April 1997