22 of 2019
The Property Practitioners Act 22 of 2019 aims:
- to provide for the regulation of property practitioners;
- to provide for the continuation of the Estate Agency Affairs Board as the Property Practitioners Regulatory Authority;
- to provide for the appointment of the members of the Board and matters incidental thereto;
- to provide for the appointment of the Chief Executive Officer and other staff members of the Authority;
- to provide for transformation of the property practitioners sector;
- to provide for the establishment of the transformation fund and establishment of the research centre on transformation;
- to provide for compliance with and enforcement of the provisions of the Act;
- to provide for the continuation of the Estate Agents Fidelity Fund as the Property Practitioners Fidelity Fund;
- to provide for consumer protection;
- to provide for the repeal of the Estate Agency Affairs Act, 1976; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
This Act comes into operation on a date fixed by the President by proclamation in the Gazette.