15 of 2017
The International Arbitration Act 15 of 2017 intends:
- to provide for the incorporation of the Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration, as adopted by the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law, into South African law;
- to provide anew for the recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards;
- to repeal the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards Act, 1977;
- to amend the Protection of Businesses Act, 1978, so as to delete an expression; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
- 19 December 2017