1 of 2022
The National Forests Amendment Act 1 of 2022 intends:
- to amend the National Forests Act, 1998, so as
- to provide for clear definitions of natural forests and woodlands;
- to provide for public trusteeship of the nation’s forestry resources;
- to increase the promotion and enforcement of sustainable forest management;
- to increase the measures provided for in the Act to control and remedy deforestation;
- to provide for appeals against decisions taken under delegated powers and duties;
- to reinforce offences and penalties; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
To be proclaimed in a Government Gazette.