Tandi Mahambehlala, Ms
Last position in government
Her other qualifications include certificates in Audio-Visual Communications (1990), Community Profiling and Community Needs Assessment (2001) and Programme Design and Presentation (2002).
She has served on numerous committees, including the parliamentary portfolio committees on energy, small business development, and telecommunications and postal services.
Ms Mahambehlala served as a member of the Student Representative Council at the Msobomvu High School in the Eastern Cape from 1988 to 1990. She was involved in the establishment of the Western Cape Youth Commission in 2005.
Between 2000 and 2004, she served as the African National Congress (ANC) Youth League (ANCYL) Branch Secretary and Deputy Chairperson of the ANCYL (Dullah Omar Region) from 2004 to 2008.
From 2005 to 2008, she was employed by the City of Cape Town?s Department of Social Development as Community Developer. As Community Developer, she was instrumental in bringing service delivery to historically disadvantaged communities, and she focused on implementing programmes and projects targeting youth development, gender issues, poverty alleviation and homeless people.
From 2008 to 2011, she served as the Provincial Secretary of the ANC in the Western Cape. Ms Mahambehlala was employed by Eskom as Senior Advisor: Stakeholder Relations, from 2011 to 2014.
She has also participated in several local and international conferences, including the following:
- Youth Development Policy Conference organised by the City of Cape Town in 2000.
- National Heritage Council Civil Society Conference held in Johannesburg in 2005.
- South African Youth Council Conference held in Worcester, Western Cape in 2008.
- Youth Parliament in 2008.
- International Union of Socialist Youth Festival in Zanka, Hungary in 2009.
- Youth Congress of South African Students Conference in July 2009.
- Participated in all processes, including parliamentary hearings, that led to the establishment of the National Youth Development Agency.