20 December 2019
International Human Solidarity Day was established by the General Assembly of the United Nations in 2005 as an initiative in the fight against poverty.
International Human Solidarity Day is:
- A day to celebrate our unity in diversity
- A day to remind governments to respect their commitments to international agreements
- A day to raise public awareness of the importance of solidarity
- A day to encourage debate on the ways to promote solidarity for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals including poverty eradication
- A day of action to encourage new initiatives for poverty eradication.