9 of 2018
The National Minimum Wage Act 9 of 2018 aims:
- to provide for a national minimum wage;
- to establish the National Minimum Wage Commission;
- to provide for the composition and functions of the National Minimum Wage Commission;
- to provide for the review and annual adjustment of the national minimum wage;
- to provide for exemption from paying the national minimum wage; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
- 1 January 2019 (Government Gazette 42104, Government Notice 1378)
- Schedule 1 comes into effect on a date fixed by the President by proclamation in the Gazette.
- Section 4(6) takes retrospective effect from 1 May 2017.