Do you want to close an older residential facility and cancel your registration certificate? You must notify the Department of Social Development and older persons within 90 days of your intention to close the residential facility.
The residential facility must ensure that the older persons are offered proper counseling before the closing down of the residential facility.
You must find suitable accommodation for the older persons in another registered residential facility and return the registration certificate to your nearest Department of Social Development office.
- Complete application form 12 at your nearest Department of Social Development office.
- After submitting your application you will be given an acknowledgement form (form 13) as proof of your application.
- The Department must assess the identified alternative accommodation facility(s) where the older persons will be transferred.
- You must submit a report to the Department outlining the steps and effort you took in finding alternative accommodation facility(s) for the older persons.
There is no service standard.
The service is free.
The application forms are available from your nearest Social Development office.
- Form 12: Notice of intention to close a residential for older persons
- Form 13: Acknowledgement form