Do you run an early childhood development (ECD) facility and want to provide learning and support appropriate to developing the age, stage and needs of children you take care of, including children with a disability, chronic illness and other special needs?
You can apply for an ECD programme certificate at your nearest Department of Social Development or Municipal office.
Your application may be granted for a period of not more than five years.
For your application to be considered, your ECD programme must:
- provide appropriate development opportunities
- be aimed at helping children realise their full potential
- care for children in a constructive manner and provide support and security
- ensure the development of positive social behaviour
- respect and nurture the culture, spirit, dignity, individuality and language of each child
- meet the emotional, cognitive, sensory, spiritual, moral, physical, social and communication development needs of each child
- be fit and proper
- have an appropriate ECD qualification, skills and training have worked in the early childhood development field for a minimum of three years.
Please note: To qualify for the funding of ECD programmes, you must comply with the prescribed national norms and standards. Funding is prioritised in communities where families lack the means of providing proper shelter, food and other basic necessities of life to their children.
- Apply for the registration or conditional registration of an ECD programme at your nearest department of social development or municipal office where you will be given Form 16 to complete.
- Your application must contain the following:
- your name and identity number
- your physical and postal address
- the particulars of the ECD programme
- an implementation plan for the ECD programme
- the staff composition of to the facility where the ECD programme will be provided
- the financial statements of the ECD facility
- a clearance issued by the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development to ensure that your name and that of staff members do not appear in Part B of the National Child Protection Register or the National Register for Sex Offenders
- your qualifications, skills and experience.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be issued with a certificate of registration or conditional registration or renewal of registration.
- Officials from the department of social development and the municipality will make continuous assessment visits to your facility.
It may take up to three months for your registration certificate to be issued.
The service is free.
Forms 16 is available at your nearest department of social development or municipal office.
- Eastern Cape
|Board of Sheriffs|
|Tel||012 312 7483|
|Fax||012 312 7684|
|Physical address||HSRC Building North Wing 134, Pretorius Street Pretoria|
|Postal address||Private Bag X901 Pretoria 0001|
|Tel||040 609 5303 or 082 789 9646|
|Fax||040 636 3175/ 639 2774/ 635 0693|
|Physical address||Department of Welfare, Room 247, 2nd Floor, Dukumbana Building, Independence Boulevard, Bisho, 5606|
|Postal address||Private Bag X0038, Bisho, 5605|
- Free State
|Tel||051 409 0596 or 083 578 7181|
|Fax||051 409 0671|
|Physical address||Department of Social Welfare, 6th Floor, Liberty Life Building, C/o Church and Andrew Street, Room 604, Bloemfontein, 9301|
|Postal address||Private Bag X20657, Bloemfontein, 9300|
|Tel||011 355 7840|
|Fax||011 492 1094|
|Physical address||Department of Welfare and Population Development, 6th Floor, Thusanong Bldg, 60 Commissioner Street (Cnr Simmonds), Johannesburg, 2000|
|Postal address||Private Bag X35, Johannesburg, 2000|
|Tel||012 312 7605|
|Fax||012 323 3733|
|Physical address||HSRC Building, North Wing, 134 Pretorius Street, Pretoria, 0001|
|Postal address||Private Bag X901, Pretoria, 0001|
|Tel||035 874 3203 or 082 078 2952|
|Fax||035 874 3710/3211|
|Physical address||Department of Welfare, Population and Development,2nd Floor, Entrance 4, Administrative Building, King Dinizulu Highway, Ulundi, 3838|
|Postal address||Private Bag X27, Ulundi, 3838|
|Tel||015 293 6183 or 083 415 9030|
|Fax||015 293 6211|
|Physical address||Department of Welfare, Rentmeester Gebou, 34 Hans van Rensburg Street, Pietersburg, 0699|
|Postal address||Private Bag X9302, Polokwane, 0700|
|Tel||013 766 3009/3187 or 082 786 4961/083 533 2173|
|Physical address||Department of Social Services, Population and Development, 1st Floor, Building 3, Government Complex, Government Boulevard, Parking X2, Riverside Complex, Nelspruit, 1200|
|Postal address||Private Bag X11285, Nelspruit, 1200|
- North West
|Tel||018 384 8633 or 083 626 0912|
|Fax||018 384 2517/4484|
|Physical address||Department of Social Service, Arts, Culture and Sport, 1st Floor, Room 1.12, Tirello Building, Dr. Albert Luthuli Drive, Mmabatho, 2735|
|Postal address||Private Bag X6, Mmabatho, 2735|
- Northern Cape
|Tel||053 874 9247/9144 or 083 561 6155|
|Fax||053 874 1361|
|Physical address||Department of Social Services and Population Development, Mimosa Building, Homestead, Barclay Road, Kimberley, 8300|
|Postal address||Private Bag X5049, Kimberley, 8300|
- Western Cape
|Tel||021 483 5813 or 084 549 8185|
|Fax||021 483 8719|
|Physical address||Department of Social Services, Union Building, 14 Queen Victoria Street, Cape Town, 8000|
|Postal address||Private Bag X9112, Cape Town, 8000|