Close to 100 tourism practitioners from across the globe will descend in Durban to participate in the Best Practice Workshop hosted by the Department of Tourism in collaboration with the Kwa-Zulu Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs.
Themed “Policy and Planning Strategies for addressing the challenges for Sustainable Tourism Development”, the three-day event will bring together tourism policy
influencers and implementers to engage and exchange best practices to:
- Strengthen regional integration and cooperation;
- Create an understanding of the methodologies for tourism development;
- Learn the best practice on South Africa's system of attracting tourists;
- Understand the role of quality assurance through grading in growing tourism; and
- Share experiences and challenges in implementing strategies relating to Service Excellence, Culture and Heritage Tourism, Individual country tourism development and Statistics.
Delegates from the African continent, as well as from France, India, Iran and Lebanon are expected to participate in the workshop and share information on the state of tourism in their countries.
The Best Practice Workshop emanates from requests made to the Department of Tourism in 2012 by countries seeking training on areas in the field of tourism development.
The annual workshop has now become an integral part of the implementation of the signed Agreements or Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) in the field of tourism.
Members of the media are invited:
Date: Tuesday, 19 February 2019
Venue: Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani, Durban Kwa-Zulu Natal
Time: 8h00 for 8h30
Kindly confirm your attendance by no later than 15 February 2019.
Ms. Natasha Rockman
Tel: 021 469 5803