“Celebrating 20 years of knowledge sharing on learning and development in the public sector”
Announcing the 20th Public Sector Trainers’ Forum (PSTF) Conference on 7 – 9 October 2019 to be held at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Midrand, Gauteng Province, organised and hosted by the National School of Government and the PSTF Advisory Committee.
In 2011, the South African government adopted the National Development Plan (NDP) – Vision 2030. Chapter 13 of the NDP calls for the building of a capable and developmental State. This vision calls for professional, disciplined, loyal, and committed public servants who possess the necessary skills and competencies to do their work.
In order to achieve Vision 2030, the public sector must have a strong cadre of public sector trainers and facilitators who are themselves well capacitated to be able to empower other public servants with requisite skills, competences and attributes.
This will afford attendants an opportunity to reflect critically on their roles in the context of building a capable and developmental State. Among others, the conference will deal with the policy environment, capacity development and career pathing, youth empowerment, facilitation of citizen-focused development programmes using existing models and methods, and financial and other resources needed for public sector trainers/facilitators to empower others.
Theme: “Enabling Vision 2030 through HRD: training and development for socio economic impact”
This conference will be of immense value to:
- ETD/HRD practitioners (trainers, organisational development specialists, skills development facilitators, training co-ordinators, and managers).
- Members of organised labour.
- SETA officials.
- Academics and researchers in HRD / ETD, public sector leaders and administrators.
- Students in the fields of HRD/ETD and Public Administration.
- Conference Booking
- An amount of R6,717.82 is payable per delegate. For quotations please send an e-mail to email@example.com. For telephonic enquiries please contact Teboho Khalushi at 012 441 6729 or Martie Bergh at 012 441 6167.
- Conference fees must be paid on or before 31 August 2019 otherwise the booking will be regarded as cancelled.
- For general enquiries, please contact Dr Thami Shezi, Head of the PSTF Secretariat on 012 441 6849 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Registration Process
Please use the e-mail address email@example.com for all registration related correspondence. The registration process is as follows:
- Delegates can request a quotation by sending an e-mail to the afore-mentioned address.
- The NSG will generate a quotation and send the booking and registration forms to you within 4 working days
- Delegates should complete the booking form and the registration form and submit these, together with a government purchase order via e-mail no later than 12 August 2019.
- An invoice will be issued to your department within 7 working days after receipt of the government purchase order.
- Proof of payment should be submitted via e-mail to no later than
31 August 2019
- The NSG will confirm your booking for the conference by 30 September 2019.