Dates for the forthcoming CCIFSA National Conference
The Minister wishes to announce dates of the forthcoming CCIFSA National Conference. The conference will be preceded by provincial summits in the 9 provinces. It should be noted that these provincial summits are a culmination of district general meetings held in 51 districts, out of a possible 52. These district general meetings were held before the country’s general elections. After several interactions between the representatives of the CCIFSA executive and the six Creative Industry Task Team (CITT), dates were agreed upon on the understanding that these several engagements will take place. The Department has agreed to assist with the facilitation of the conference.The following important decision have been taken:
- The CCIFSA National Conference will be held on the 26 and 27 July 2019
- The Provincial Summits will focus on the draft MOI and the election of delegates to national conference.
- The Provincial Summits are open to artists who were officially elected at the District General Meetings. All NGC members that were elected in 2015 from each province are expected to attend.
- The Provincial Summits will be convened on the weekend of the 12-15 July 2019.
- Resources will be availed by virtue of the total number of delegates at both the provincial summit and the national conference. Such approach should be in line with the principle of inclusivity.
- The following work-streams were created: Communication, Logistics and Draft MOI.
- There are nine sectors, which are identified in order to determine the delegates from the summits and the national conference.
- The CCIFSA National General Council members elected in 2015 will be delegates to the national conference as well, with full status.
- The national conference will adopt the MOI and focus on the reports that will be presented by CCIFSA. The election of the new leadership for CCIFSA will be based on the adopted MOI.
- Artists can only participate in one sector for purposes of this conference.
Given the challenges experienced during the District General Meetings, DAC has undertaken to beef up communications and warm bodies in the Provincial Summits.
There are (9) nine sectors which will be represented at the Provincial Summits and the CCIFSA National Conference. These sectors are: Cultural and National Heritage; Performance and Celebration; Visual Arts and Crafts; Languages and Publishing; Audio-Visual and Interactive Media; Design and Creative Support Services; Arts Education and Training; Indigenous Wisdom as well as Arts, Culture and Heritage Technical Support Services.
At the national conference elected leadership of CCIFSA is expected to present various reports not limited to the state of the industry, work and organizational matters of CCIFSA since 2015 and the financial status of the organisation. Most importantly, the national conference has to adopt the MOI, which will serve as the constitution of the organisation and thereafter elect the new leadership. The MOI has all the guidelines on how to embark on the process of electing the Board and it is thus imperative it be adopted when conference starts.