Closing date looms for Gauteng’s Sport, Arts and Culture organisations to submit applications and proposals for funding
Individuals and Gauteng based sport, recreation, arts and culture organisations have until 29 May 2020 at 16:00 to submit applications for Grant in Aid funding for the 2020/21 (funding) period.
The opportunity to apply for these has been open since March this year.
The Grant-in-Aid fund is created to support projects on arts, sport, recreation, heritage etc, related to the mandate of the Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation (GDSACR).
Only Gauteng based organisations can apply and the projects have to be implemented in Gauteng.
Application forms are available on www.gauteng.gov.za and can be submitted either online on SACR.Communications@gauteng.gov.za or physically at 35 Rissik Street, Surrey House Building; Corner Fox Street JHB.
Meanwhile, the deadline to submit proposals for funding for major sport and creative industries related events has been extended until 05 June, 2020 at 16:00.
GDSACR seeks to invest in events or festivals (Sport, Arts, Culture and Heritage) that align with wider government objectives of social cohesion and nation building. The proposals must respond to the effect of COVID-19 on sport, the arts, heritage and culture sectors. These could be implemented through the use of relevant virtual digital platforms, VOD ideas (Video on Demand), streaming, podcasts, social media, webinars, short animations and documentaries that meet the unique needs and challenges faced by communities.
Proposals can also be submitted physically at Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation: 35 Rissik Street, Surrey House Building, Corner Fox Street. Or online at SACR.Communications@gauteng.gov.za
Requirements for Grant in Aid Project Funding:
The following compliance documents must accompany application forms:
- Vendor number as per registration with the Gauteng Department of Finance (GDF)
- Certified copy of organization / company registration certificate
- Audited financial statement(s) (Not more than 1 year old) or letter from the auditor for new companies or organisations
- Signed and dated constitution / Articles and memorandum of association / Trust deed/ Company profile
- Original tax clearance certificate and a certified copy of a tax exemption letter where applicable
- Certified ID copies from project coordinators
- Certified copy of the last 3 months bank statement/ or letter from the bank for new accounts
- Costed project implementation plan
- Incomplete and or late applications /documentations will not be accepted / processed.
- Preference will be given to applicants that have not been funded previously
- Applicants that have received funding in the past three years will not be considered for funding
NB: -All applicants must demonstrate how their programs will contribute towards Social Cohesion and Nation Building.
Requirements for Major Events Proposal Funding:
The following are requirements for qualification to submit and must be included in the proposal document:
- Proof of Company Registration/ NGO/ Co-operative
- Valid Original Tax Clearance Certificate and Pin number
- Proof of Registration with the Central Supplier Database
- Certified Copies of ID of members or shareholders
- Detailed Company Profile with references
- Bank Confirmation Letter for Account
- Costed Project Plan
- Written endorsements from relevant public or private sector organizations
Nomazwe Ntlokwana, Departmental Spokesperson
Cell: 083 507 8068