Premier and Executive Council welcomes Public Protector’s Stakeholder Engagements in Free State
Free State Premier, Hon. Ace Magashule and the Executive Council has welcomed the Public Protector, Adv. Busisiwe Mkhwebane, on her visit to the province today and tomorrow. As part of the Stakeholder Engagement programme of the Public Protector’s Office, Adv. Mkhwebane is in the province for the following reasons, amongst others;
- To introduce herself to stakeholders;
- To outline her vision to stakeholders;
- To solicit the inputs and views of stakeholders as part of developing the performance strategy of the Public Protector’s Office;
- To quell negative perceptions doing the rounds in various media; and
- To build a strong foundation for a strong relationship between the Office of the Public Protector and its stakeholders.
As part of the four-month stakeholder engagement roadshow, the Public Protector is having an engagement with the Premier and the Members of the Provincial Legislature (MPL’s), at the Fourth Raadzaal, Mangaung.
The Public Protector will also have a community engagement session tomorrow, where members of the public will be given an opportunity during the engagements to lodge complaints with her office for investigation. A team of investigators will accompany her for this purpose.
The session is planned as follows;
Date: Friday, 17 March 2017
Venue: Barolong Hall, Thaba Nchu, Mangaung.
Mr. Tiisetso Makhele
Cell: 076 833 0033
Mr. Oupa Segalwe
Senior Manager: Communications
Public Protector South Africa
Cell: 072 264 3273