Deputy Minister Manana to engage with employers and address high school learners in Mpumalanga as part of the “The Decade of the Artisan’ Programme”
The Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training, Mr Mduduzi Manana, MP, will roll-out the Decade of the Artisan advocacy campaign over two days, in Standerton and Secunda, in the province of Mpumalanga on the 23rd and 24th of March 2017.
On the first day, the Deputy Minister will meet with employers of the engineering and automotive sectors at Graceland Hotel Casino and Country Club; employers of electrical engineering at Eskom Power Station (Tutuka) and employers of the hospitality sector at Noble Resources in a bid to encourage them to partner with TVET Colleges in the region as well as to avail their workplaces as training spaces for artisan learners and for lecturers to be exposed to latest technologies.
On the second day, approximately 1200 learners from local high schools will be addressed by the Deputy Minister at Gert Sibande TVET College under the theme 'it's cool to be a 21st century artisan'. They will further be exposed to a host of exhibitors from industry, SETAs, post-school learning institutions, NSFAS and many others.
Members of the media are invited as follows:
Date: Thursday, 23 March 2017 – Employer Visits
1. 08h00 – 10h00 Gert Sibande TVET College (Hospitality): 18A Bayers Naude Street, Standerton
2. 10h30 – 12h00 Eskom (Electrical Engineering): Eskom Power Station (Tutuka), Standerton
3. 14h00–15h15 Graceland Hotel Casino (Engineering): 1 Embalenhle Road, Secunda
4. 15h20 – 16h35 Graceland Hotel Casino (Automotive):1 Embalenhle Road, Secunda
Date: Friday, 24 March 2017 - Stakeholder Breakfast, High School Learner programme and Ambassador programme
1. 07h00–09h00 Gert Sibande TVET College - Skills Academy Centre, 2 Tamborine Street, Standerton - Stakeholder Breakfast
2. 09h00–13h00 Gert Sibande TVET College - Skills Academy Centre, 2 Tamborine Street, Standerton - Learner programme
3. 09h00–13h00 Gert Sibande TVET College - Skills Academy Centre, 2 Tamborine Street, Standerton - Artisan Ambassador Training
RSVPs and Enquiries:
Cell: 079 547 5299