About applying for a new mail delivery
If you want a new mail box, post box or private bag, apply for mail service delivery at your nearest Post Office. The mail service delivery is valid from the 1st of January to the 31 of December of each year and is payable before December.
Note: Application forms received by mail will not be accepted.
- Only registered owners or registered renters of accommodation in areas where a street delivery service is impossible, for example farms, agricultural holdings, rural and developing areas are entitled to one free post box at the nearest mail collection point or post office according to the post office demarcations and proof of ownership or occupation must be submitted.
- The post office is entitled to verify the information on the application.
- Further conditions are available at any Post Office or on the Post Office website.
- Go to the nearest Post Office and ask the teller for an application form.
- Fill in the application form.
- The application form is also available on the Post Office website.
- Attach a copy of your identity document or any other proof of identity such as a passport, driver’s licence tothe form and hand it to a teller at your the nearest post office.
It takes 10 to 15 minutes.
- Post boxes: R304 per annum.
- Initial deposit key: R30 (refundable).
- Private bags: R960 per annum.
- The following rates will apply to pensioners if the pensioner is older than 60 years, earns less than R15 000 per annum and:
- holds a Postbank account: R152 per annum plus R30 refundable key deposit
- does not have a Postbank account: R182 per annum.
Application forms are available at all Post Offices around the country.